Maintain your independence with transport assistance
Access to appropriate transport improves people’s quality of life
Starlight Care has a key role in helping a person with disabilities navigate and access various transportation options.
By providing transport assistance, we enable our clients to access work, education, social activities and other essential services, promoting greater autonomy and self-determination.
A key objective of Starlight Care’s transport support is to empower our clients to live as independently as possible.
Contact us today for support with your NDIS needs
Assisted transport with Starlight Care
Starlight Care identifies our client’s specific transportation needs, considering factors such as mobility restrictions, accessibility requirements and personal preferences.
Types of transport
The common types of transport needed for our clients include things like:
- School transport
- Transportation to appointments, like medical appointments
- Regular transport for things like shopping, community participation and other regular activities
- Other at-need transportation requirements that can be booked when needed
Mobility assistance while using transport
This requires being knowledgeable about the client’s mobility limitations, equipment and techniques to safely assist them.
- Assisting with mobility:
- assist in boarding and disembarking from vehicles
- navigating public transport
- using mobility aids.
- Training and education:
- educate them how to use public transportation independently
- teach them how to read timetables, plan routes, or use assistive technology.
- explain travel safety